Essex has a proud tradition of educating amazing women. Our Women of the Future Scholarships have been created to support bright and inspirational women from across the globe. Thirty scholarships are available to equip women from around the world with the skills and knowledge needed to empower them to become leaders and drivers of change.
Level of Studies : Masters Programme
In order to be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be a self-funded female EU or International fee paying (fee status) applicant (please note, recipients of government student loans are considered to be self-funded)
- be ordinarily resident in a country other than the United Kingdom
- hold an offer of admission from our Graduate Admissions Office for a full time masters programme in any subject commencing in October 2017 by the closing date for the scholarship; the offer can be unconditional or conditional. Graduate Diplomas, PG Certificates and PG Diplomas are excluded from this award
- receipt of the scholarships is subject to applicants firmly accepting the offer of study,
- registering as students of the University of Essex for the 2017-18 academic year, and meeting all conditions of our offer
- no alternative form of the scholarship is available and the award cannot be deferred to a later year from the one for which you are admitted
- applicants may only receive one award or tuition fee discount administered by the University of Essex. In the event that an applicant is already in receipt of another University award (including the Alumni Loyalty Discount), the larger of the two awards will be kept and the other released
- where a student applies for and is awarded a scholarship and subsequently obtains full
- external funding, the University will rescind the scholarship offer
Each scholarship, which will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, is worth £20,000 and will be available to non-UK women for taught Masters study at Essex for 2017-18 and will cover tuition fees and a stipend.
For six of the awards (supported by Santander Universities), preference will be given to applicants from the following countries, Argentina, Brazil, Belgium, Chile, China, Colombia, Italy, France, Germany, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Russia, Singapore, Spain, USA, UAE and Uruguay.
Please complete the online application form to apply for the scholarship. This is separate to your application for study, and instructions on returning the form and what information you need to provide are included in the document.
Applications will only be submitted to the selection panel if you meet the eligibility criteria and hold an offer of study for a taught postgraduate place by the closing date of 31 May 2017. Our Women of the Future Scholarships support talented postgraduate students who can demonstrate an excellent academic background and the potential for future achievement, as well as financial need.We will use the information you provide on your original course application and your scholarship application to make our selection.The final selection is made by a panel of academic and administrative staff of the University of Essex.
Source of Information : http://www.essex.ac.uk/fees-and-funding/masters/scholarships/women-future.aspx