The National University of Singapore (NUS) and Stanford University (Stanford) are pleased to announce that applications are welcome between now and 1 March 2017 for the 2017-18 Lee Kong Chian NUS-Stanford Fellowship on Southeast Asia. Interested individuals with backgrounds or positions in the social sciences or humanities are encouraged to apply. Candidates may be of any nationality or seniority.
Eligibility : Interested individuals with backgrounds or positions in the social sciences or humanities are encouraged to apply.
Fellowships will normally begin and end within the period from 1 June 2017 to 31 August 2018. Each fellowship will cover one roundtrip economy-class airfare from the fellow’s country of residence to NUS (or Stanford), continuing on to Stanford (or NUS), and returning from Stanford (or NUS) to the fellow’s country of residence, and will include a stipend of US$ 7500 per month during the fellowship period.
Complete applications are due by 1 March 2017. Results will be announced no later than late April 2017
Level of Studies : Fellowships are awarded to conduct research on or related to contemporary Southeast Asia.
Applicants should submit the following six (6) items:
- a project statement (not exceeding three pages) that addresses the candidate’s research project’s central analytic question(s), explains its intellectual contribution to scholarship on Southeast Asia, and describes the writing and research envisaged during the fellowship. The statement should also clearly state the specific research outcomes envisaged.
- a detailed schedule of the proposed fellowship period including dates of anticipated residence at NUS and at Stanford
- a sample of published, English-language work by the candidate that is directly or indirectly related to the research project.
- the candidate’s full curriculum vitae including a list of publications.
- full contact information, including email addresses, for three (3) academic referees who should be able, if asked, to evaluate the proposal and the candidate.
- full contact information for the applicant including an email address.
Source of Information : http://fsi.stanford.edu/fellowships/nus_stanford/