The NUS PhD (Data Science) programme is jointly hosted by the NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering (NGS) and the NUS Institute of Data Science (IDS). It prepares students with a distinctive set of interdisciplinary skills for Data Science careers in academia or industry.
The Institute of Data Science (IDS) agglomerates, and further builds on, substantial strengths in data science and analytics in NUS. IDS coordinates and supports data science research initiatives across NUS. The value of the solutions that IDS can provide is through combining the expertise from multiple disciplines to tackle a problem well-roundedly from an all angles. In this way, solutions derived will actually be more superior than those derived singularly by each discipline. IDS seeks to collaborate with industry partners to contribute to innovation and solutions across a diverse range of sectors, including industry, government, community services, and of course, education.
Scholarship Coverage :
- Monthly stipend, up to 4 years of PhD studies, OR up to date of graduation, whichever is earlier
- Full tuition fee subsidies for 4 years
- Conference travel support
- under NGS Scholarship scheme
Deadline for Application : 31st July 2017
Level of Studies : PhD programme.
- Bachelor degree holders (or above), with at least a very good 2nd Upper Honours (or equivalent qualifications), and
- outstanding research potential and strong research interests in Data Science
The mode of applying is online. All supporting documents, together with a printed copy of the application form are to be submitted by post.
- Statement of Purpose
- Research Proposal
- TOEFL / IELTS
- Referee Reports
Source of Information : http://www.nus.edu.sg/ngs/data_science_ids.html