The Max Planck Institute for Comparative and International Private Law offers a limited number of research scholarships for foreign scholars. The scholarships are funded by the Max Planck Society and are intended to support research stays at the Institute. Usually, the duration of such scholarships is 2 to 4 months.
Scholarships are available for
– foreign doctoral students
– foreign post-doctoral candidates and other early-stage researchers
– foreign professors or other senior researchers with equivalent academic achievements
who plan to undertake research at the Institute within the scope of the Institute’s areas of research.
Deadline for Application:
15 February, 15 August
Level of Studies:
Amount of the Scholarship
The scholarship amounts to
– € 1.365,00/ month (doctoral students)
– € 1.650,00/ month (post-docs)
– € 2.200,00/ month (professors).
There are no additional payments for a spouse or for children accompanying the Visiting Scholar.
(Amounts as of 19 July 2012; subject to change)
Source of Information: