This scholarship is generously founded by two IBA-alumni of Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) and funded by various alumni to support students who might otherwise not fully participate in the Bachelor programme in International Business Administration (IBA) due to financial constraints. It is motivated by the invaluable experience gained by the donors throughout and upon completion of the IBA programme – both academically, and with regards to the expansive international network they derived from it.
Scholarship Coverage :
€2,006 covering the statutory tuition fee in 2017-2018 as well as yearly book fees to a maximum of €600 per year for the duration of studies (3 years in total, conditional upon annual re-evaluation). Mentorship by alumni for the duration of their studies at RSM.
Level of Studies : Bachelor programme
Applicants need to submit the following before February 15, 2017
Scholarship Eligibility :
- Application for the scholarship is open for prospective students (thus, this scholarship is not meant for currently enrolled RSM and EUR students) of the IBA programme starting their studies in the academic year 2017-2018. The candidate must be a citizen of a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA), entitled to pay the statutory tuition fee.
- In order to be considered for the Entrepreneurial Spirit Scholarship, applicants need to meet all BSc admissions requirements and be in possession of an unconditional offer letter.
- Students with a truly entrepreneurial spirit who would demonstrably benefit from financial support.
- Upon acceptance the student becomes an outstanding ambassador of Rotterdam School of Management and the scholarship programme which includes supporting marketing initiatives.
- Upon acceptance the student commits to stay involved after graduation as a mentor for the new incoming students accepted into the scholarship programme.
- At the end of the first year of studies, the student accepted into the programme will be re-evaluated, to ensure the student stays on track with his/her academic studies, remains entrepreneurial in spirit and acts as a good ambassador for the school and scholarship programme. Being accepted to continue with the scholarship for the second year of studies is contingent upon the re-evaluation by the selection committee based upon criteria set together at the start of the academic year.
When applying for the IBA programme in the online application form (OLAF) you will be asked to upload documents which will be used for evaluating your application. During this process you can also upload your scholarship application letter. The application letter should include the following information:
- CV or link to your Linkedin page
- A separate and concise motivation essay of maximum 900 words that answers the following questions:
- How do you display an entrepreneurial spirit?
- What or who inspired you to take action?
- How do your past and current activities demonstrate your entrepreneurial spirit?
- What are your plans for the future and why?
- Why do you think entrepreneurship is important to both the individual and society?
3. An application letter with relevant information on the financial situation of the applicant supported by documents serving as evidence, such as income statement and salary strips of parents or other financial supporters.
Source of Information : https://www.rsm.nl/bachelor/international-business-administration/faq/faq-item/entrepreneurial-spirit-scholarship-only-for-eea-students/