Every scholarship holder is obliged to submit a signed final report at the responsible OeAD Regional Office at the end of the scholarship stay.
Incomplete applications and applications not complying with the application criteria will not be accepted for the further selection process.The selection follows a multistage processs:
- Examination of the formal requirements
- Assessment and evaluation of the application by experts
- Final decision by the BMWFW
During the selection process the following criteria are examined and assessed:
- Purpose of your stay
- Why did you choose the specific target institution in Austria?
- Added value of the stay for the partner countries concerned (establishment and/or continuation of institutional cooperation)
- Prior teaching and research activities
Deadline for Application : 01.09.2016
Level of Studies : Grants are available to students and young researchers for a research.
Scholarship Coverage :
- Monthly grant rate: 1,040 EUR
- Accident and health insurance If necessary, the OeAD-GmbH will take out an accident and health insurance on behalf of the grant recipient.
- Accommodation, The OeAD-GmbH will endeavour to provide accommodation (student hall of residence or flat) for recipients of grants who wish to get accommodation arranged by the OeAD. Monthly costs: 220 to 470 EUR (depending on how much comfort the recipients of grants want). An administration fee of 18 EUR per month is payable to the OeAD-GmbH for arranging accommodation. The costs for insurance and accommodation have to be paid out of the grant by the recipient of the grant.
- Scholarship holders will receive a travel costs subsidy of 1.000 EUR maximum upon presentation of original documents. Travels costs to Austrian representatives outside the home country are refundable upon presentation of original documents
Scholarship Eligibility :
- Applications are open to postdoc who are pursuing research or teaching at a higher education institution / university and who were in receipt of a grant in Austria which was administered by the OeAD-GmbH (formerly ÖAD).
- At the time of taking up the grant at least 5 years must have passed since the last
- scholarship-supported study or research stay in Austria.
- Maximum age: 50 years
- For the application Deadline Feb 1, 2016 born on or after February 1, 1966 for the application Deadline September 1, 2016, Born on or after September 1, 1966
- Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant. Grants in this programme can only be applied for every 5 years.
The following documents have to be uploaded together with the online application at www.scholarships.at
- Consent of the academic partner in Austria
- Scan of your passport (page with the name and photo)
- Proof of employment by the home institution
- Curriculum Vitae
- Scan of university graduation certificate of PhD or doctoral studies
- The selection process for all grants for Austria is competitive, i.e. there is no legal claim to a grant even if all application requirements are fulfilled.
- Applicants should take into consideration § 1 of the Data Protection Act, Federal Law Gazette of the Republic of Austria No. 165/1999, as amended, that the personal Details contained in the application will be passed on to the authority dealing with their application, the contractual partners, the Federal Ministry for Europe,Integration and Foreign Affairs and in the exchange as well as to other authorities awarding grants in Austria and will expressly agree with that.
Source of Information : http://oead.grants.at/out/default.aspx?TemplateGroupID=34&PageMode=5&GrainEntryID=7389&HZGID=7928&LangID=2