The purpose of KGSP is to provide international students with an opportunity to conduct advanced studies at higher educational institutions in Korea, to develop global leaders and strengthen Korea-friendly networks worldwide.
- ① The applicant and his/her parents must hold foreign citizenships.
* Applicants who hold Korean citizenship are not permitted to apply for this program.
- ② Applicants must be under 40 years of age as of Sep. 1st, 2013 (born after Sep. 1st, 1973).
- ③ Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as of September 1st of the selection year.
* Applicants who have previously enrolled in or graduated from an undergraduate program, a master’s program, or a doctoral program (including exchange program) in Korea cannot apply for this program.
- ④ Applicants must maintain a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.64 on a 4.0 scale, 2.80 on a 4.3 scale, 2.91 on a 4.5 scale, or grades/marks/score of 80% or higher from the previously attended institution. If the applicant does not satisfy the above GPA requirements, he/she will be ineligible to apply to this program.
Deadline for Application:
Level of Studies:
|Airfare||Round-trip economy class ticket|
|Monthly Allowance||900,000 won (KRW) per month|
|210,000 won for scholars in the field of humanities and social sciences;
240,000 won for scholars in natural and mechanic sciences
|200,000 won upon arrival|
|Language Training Fee||Full coverage|
|Tuitions||All admission fees are waived by the host institution (university).
The tuition will be provided for by NIIED.
|Dissertation Printing Costs||500,000 ~ 800,000 won, depending on actual costs.|
|Medical Insurance||20,000 won per month will be provided (limited coverage).|
|Special funding for scholars
who are proficient in the
(TOPIK Level 5 or 6)
|100,000 won per month|