The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program provides funding and support to help scholars build their research network and develop essential skills to become leaders. Global Scholars are researchers within five years of their first academic appointment from anywhere in the world.
The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program is a two-year appointment designed to support young investigators at a pivotal time in their careers. Each scholar will become part of a global network of leading researchers pursuing answers to some of the most difficult challenges facing the world today. They will have the opportunity to be mentored by a senior researcher, to network within a community of top-tier research leaders, and to form new collaborations with colleagues from diverse disciplines. Training in leadership and communication will position scholars as leaders and agents of change within academia and beyond.
To be eligible for this program, applicants must:
- Hold a PhD, or equivalent terminal degree.
- Be employed no more than five years in their first full-time faculty position, including both research and teaching responsibilities, at an institution of higher education or research. Typically, applicants will be at an Assistant Professor level or equivalent in other academic systems. NOTE: Postdoctoral fellows are NOT eligible to apply to this program.
- Be appointed to their first faculty position no earlier than May 1, 2012. Special consideration may be given to those with exceptional circumstances or leaves.
- Be engaged in research that complements and contributes to the themes and goals of one of the eligible CIFAR research program (refer to section E).
- Demonstrate an outstanding level of research achievement and promise of future impact in their field, as evidenced by quality of publications, awards received, and statements by distinguished referees.
- Demonstrate a track record of, or interest in, engaging across disciplines, as well as sectors beyond academia, to enrich and extend the impact of their research.
- Be in good standing to obtain a passport and travel visas to attend CIFAR meetings in Canada and other countries around the world.
- Be available to attend a two-day in-person interview* on September 16-17, 2017 in Toronto, Canada Travel costs will be provided by CIFAR.
- Be fluent in spoken and written English
The submission deadline is May 23, 2017.
Level of Studies : The scholarship is available to pursue Research Programme, Applicant must hold a PhD or equivalent degree.
CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars receive:
- $100,000 (CAD) in undesignated research support
- A two-year appointment to a CIFAR research program, a network of top-tier research leaders.
Applications are submitted online through CIFAR’s application system and must include three letters of recommendation from at least one faculty member or equivalent and preferably one non-academic leader.
The application will require you to answer questions about:
- Your research and how it complements the CIFAR program you would like to join
- Ideas for collaboration with fellows in the program
- Your leadership experience to date
- Your engagement with non-academic communities or interest in such engagement
Source of Information :