Each year in September, the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society observes Blood Cancer Awareness Month in order to increase knowledge about blood cancers and to raise awareness about research to find new treatments and cures. The Law Office of Renkin & Associates is pleased to announce the creation of a scholarship for a current or incoming law student who has been affected by these diseases to further the efforts by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Richard M. Renkin supports many local and national service and charitable organizations, and the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is among the top. This scholarship was established to provide financial support to a law student whose life has been impacted by lymphoma or leukemia and is seeking to continue his or her education through law school. The $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to an applicant who submits the required application and essay by the deadline.
Deadline for Application : Applicants must submit the following by July 31st, 2016
Level of Studies : Degree Programme
Scholarship Coverage :
Notification of award and payment will be as follows:
- Award recipient will be notified of the selection on or around September 1, 2016.
- A check for $1,000 will be made payable to the award recipient’s law school to cover tuition and/or books.
Scholarship Eligibility : Applicants must meet the following criteria :
- Be a current or incoming law student at an accredited U.S. law school who has been affected by or dealing with issues related to lymphoma or leukemia (either yourself or a family member).
- Be at least 18 years old and a U.S. citizen.
- Be able to show proof of academic achievement with a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0 from undergraduate or current law school work.
Applicants must abide by the following contest rules:
- Winners will provide personal information as needed to the Law Office of Renkin & Associates where appropriate.
- Any taxes on scholarship are the sole responsibility of the contestant. Recipient is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
- By accepting a scholarship, the applicant will agree to allow the Law Office of Renkin & Associates to use his or her name, law school, and photograph to announce the scholarship award.
- Scholarship is to be used exclusively for law school tuition and/or books.
Source of Information : http://www.renkinlaw.com/leukemia-lymphoma-law-school-scholarship/