Nitori International Scholarship Foundation offers scholarships for foreign students at Japanese Universities in Japan.
(1) A student from over the world, non-Japanese nationality and studies in Japan at his/her own expense. (As of 2014/4/1)
(2) A student who stays in Japan when he/she applies for NISF.
(3) A student is enrolled in a Japanese university as an undergraduate or a graduate student, and an undergraduate student is in their third or fourth academic year, and a graduate student is in the first or second academic year as of April, 2014.
(4) A student who needs financial aid to keep studying in Japan.
(5) A student who has good enough health to pursuit studies in Japan, excellent academic record, good personality.
(6) A student who has good communication skill in Japanese.
(7) A student who has the strong will to contribute to international understanding and mutual friendship.
(8) A student who is able to attend scholarship students annual gathering held by NISF (scheduled to be held twice a year).
(9) A student who does not receive any sort of scholarship or subsidy for researcher from the other third parties while receiving the scholarship from NISF (Note that the student who simultaneously receives other scholarships is disqualified for the NISF scholarship recipient.)
(10) A student who works part-time job in Japan for his/her financial reason to keep his/her study.
(11) A student who can participate in NISF alumni activities as alumnus, even if his/her NISF scholarship is expired.
Level of Studies:
110,000 yen per month
(Some students who are in high rank of selection, can receive 150,000 yen per month)
Source of Information: