Scholarships are granted to exceptional international students pursuing studies or research in medicine, pharmacology, nutrition, physical education, or business administration at universities and graduate schools in Japan
(1) Applicants must be citizens of a country in Asia, the Middle East, Africa or citizens of Brazil, Russia, or the Czech Republic.
(2) Applicants must be majoring in medicine, pharmacology, nutrition, physical education or business administration in an official degree
program at a university or graduate school in Japan.
(3) Applicants must be highly motivated, possess an outstanding academic record, and demonstrate personal integrity.
(4) Applicants must be involved in creative or innovative research.
(5) Applicants must have an international perspective and demonstrate potential leadership skills to serve as bridges between Japan
and their home countries in the future.
(6) Applicants must meet all other requirements stipulated by the Foundation.
Deadline for Application:
The application period for fiscal 2014 is from Tuesday, April 1, to Thursday, May 15, 2014, inclusive. (Applications must be received by the Foundation within this period.)
If the applications arrived after this period, they wouldn’t be accepted.
Level of Studies:
Masters and Doctorals
Annual sum of 2.0 million, 1.5 million or 1.0 million
(Amount of scholarship will be determined according to the assessment by the selection committee.)
Annual sum of 500,000 for applicants receiving scholarships or benefits from other sources
Source of Information: