The University of Sydney has cemented its position among the top 50 universities globally for research and educational excellence in the 2016-2017 QS World University Rankings.
The latest rankings confirm the University of Sydney’s reputation as a leading institution for multidisciplinary research and teaching excellence. The University has consistently ranked in the top 50 universities globally for five years running.
The University of Sydney is offering Business School Research Scholarship for international students to pursue postgraduate research in the field of Humanities & Social Sciences for the academic year 2017-2018.
The Business School funds 2 types of scholarships:
- The stipend scholarship is valued at $32,000 per annum and is paid fortnightly. It is tax exempt. Applications are open to domestic and international applicants who are either commencing or continuing.
- Fee Award Scholarships which cover tuition fees for international candidates. The awards are awarded in conjunction with the stipend scholarship.
Commencing candidates must have formally applied for a place in the degree program (MPhil or PhD) by the closing dates (31st October 2016). Applicants will not be awarded a scholarship unless an offer to study in the program is also made.
If a candidate is a continuing student time spent in the program will be deducted from the three year duration of the award .
Applicants must not hold any other type of Scholarship when applying for Business School Scholarships.
Commencing candidates must be in Australia and attend the Induction Program for the first Research Period of enrolment.
To maintain the scholarship holders must:
- Demonstrate satisfactory progress in the Annual Progress Review.
- Maintain a distinction average in all BUSS coursework units.
- Successfully undertake the Thesis Proposal Defence within 12 months of enrolment.
- Scholarship holders must be enrolled Full Time.
The Business School reserves the right to terminate the Scholarship in the event of unsatisfactory progress or inappropriate conduct.
Candidates may engage in no more than 15 hours a week of paid employment, with the approval of their supervisor.
The Scholarship holder is expected to devote at least 40 hours per week to research.
Deadline for Application : 31 October 2016
Level of Studies : MPhil or PhD degree programme
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Business School Research Scholarship – #SID’ in the subject line and
- Completed Application Form (attached) – submitted in its editable format as it appears in the attachment, please ensure you have the latest version of Adobe software.
- RPI Form (attached) – A list of publications and details of conference proceedings and presentations
- Brief thesis proposal (limit 1500 words)
- Copy of all academic transcripts including the grading scale used
- Two academic referee reports. The referees nominated should be academics who are able to provide an assessment of the applicant’s experience and potential. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that the nominated referees forward the confidential reports.
- CV that includes any previous or current experience relevant to your area of research and details of any other awards the applicant has applied for or currently holds.
Source of Information : http://agile2.ucc.usyd.edu.au/ro/opportunities/scholarships/1803